Drink It: Top Five Watering Holes in Chinatown, LA
Sometimes the only cure to the LA summer heat is a cold, refreshing drink at your local watering hole.
With Blossom Plaza located right in the heart of Chinatown in Downtown LA, we’ve spent some time finding our favorite places to grab a drink in the area. After extensive and exhaustive research, here’s a list of five we think are worth checking out:
- General Lee’s – General Lee’s tops our list when talking cocktails. They experiment with so many sorts of flavors and infusions, that trying the same thing twice here should be a sin. Gins infused with hibiscus, shisho leaf-infused tequilas…and that’s just the start! If you’re unsure what to order, ask the bartenders. They’re very friendly and knowledgeable when it comes to their craft.
- Michael J’s Pizzeria & Bar – A great stop before or during a Dodgers game! They usually have $5 beers when the game is on, plus you can carb up on their delicious sandwiches or free garlic cheese rolls while you have a few. They even have a drink called “Don’t Drink This”…anyone else tempted to figure out what it is?
- Melody Lounge – If you’re looking for a bar with a great craft beer selection, Melody Lounge is your place. The outside may be unassuming, but open the door and take a seat. You’ll be glad you did. P.S., if you’re a fan of karaoke, pop in on a Sunday!
- Hop Louie – Let’s be honest: sometimes long days call for big, big drinks. And the scorpion bowl at Hop Louie doesn’t fall short. This massive bowl has been one of Hop Louie’s main attractions for years, and the Yelpers continue to hail this cheap bowl of, well, lots of alcohol. With that being said, may we recommend eating before you try your way with the scorpion bowl.
- Grand Star Jazz Club – For those seeking more of a lively night full of dancing, you’ve got to check out Grand Star. From indie and Britpop to reggae and soul – there’s something for everyone here. Prepare for a night out vs. a casual drink if you decide to hit this spot.
Drinks in Chinatown, anyone?
If you’re looking for an apartment in Downtown LA, make sure to come see us at Blossom Plaza! Imagine living in the Chinatown neighborhood, so close to one (or more) of your favorite bars that you can easily walk home…Uber who?